The end if near, so I would like to use my last blog post to sum up what its all been about by answering a simple question, “How can you or your business become Socially Responsible?”
By following these simple steps you are on a clear path to becoming Socially Responsible!
- Step 1: Determine How Much You Care –Ask yourself “Do you really care?” the answer to this question will essentially determine all your subsequent steps that follow
- Step 2: Ensure Everyone Is On Board –It’s very important to make sure every level of the company is committed and ready to become personally involved in social responsibility – from upper management to front-line employees.
- Step 3: Conduct a “Social Responsibility Inventory”- Conduct a “social responsibility inventory” that reflects what your company or employees are doing right now.
- Step 4: Match Social Needs to Company’s Core Competencies –Identify a need in the community that relates to the core nature of your business.
- Step 5: Find the Right Cross-Sector Partners –Identify the best community organizations to partner with, keeping in mind that they do not necessarily need to be the largest organization in the area.
- Step 6: Assess Your Activities –An effective social responsibility program involves the continual assessment of your outcomes to ensure you are actually impacting the issues you care about.